Collaborate with some of the best people in the food manufacturing industry!
As a subsidiary of Savencia Fromage and Dairy, a $5 billion global cheese & dairy group headquartered in Paris, France, AFP advanced food products llc, is the world’s foremost manufacturer of aseptically packed sauces, spreads, dips and puddings. We provide delicious products to global markets. Our three manufacturing facilities, strategically positioned within the United States, provide optimum accessibility to the full line of AFP product offerings.
Our New Holland, Pennsylvania facility is in search of a self-motivated creative candidates to fill the position of Food Scientist I. This position coordinates and leads product development activities across all AFP business segments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- With minimal oversight, lead R&D activities in new product development, product optimization, cost savings, and qualification of alternate suppliers and materials.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities to ensure that project objectives and timelines are met.
- Lead product development activities from benchtop through commercialization.
- Execute successful product designs that meet customer and business expectations for product performance, nutritional and regulatory requirements, and cost targets.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to ensure the successful execution of project initiatives.
- Provide customer support through project calls and on-site visits.
- Work with internal teams and external resources to understand and solve technical challenges.
- Conduct research on ingredients, formulas, and processes for product optimization and new innovation.
- Lead root cause analysis of customer complaints and participate in resolution process.
- Independently lead plant trials in multiple locations and ensure effective knowledge transfer to manufacturing.
- Create reports and maintain detailed records of product testing results.
- Provide on-site support to Operations and Quality teams during new product start-ups.
- Ability to work various shifts to assure proper start-up and completion of R&D Projects.
- Some travel required.
- 4-year degree in Food Science or related field.
- 3 – 6 years of experience in Product Development.
- Aseptic processing experience is a plus.
AFP offers an attractive compensation and benefit package, including immediate enrollment in the benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401K with a great company match on the first day of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at www.afpllc.com. Click on Careers, then AFP Corporate Office and select R&D Food Scientist I.