Production SupervisorAFP Visalia Plant
Accomplish the organizations strategic objectives by maintaining production efficiencies, managing available resources, improving processes, and identifying and advising necessary improvements. 1) Overseeing production 2) Training employees 3) Developing standard operating procedures 4) Maintain food quality standards 5) Promoting a high level of safety 6) Initiate strong leadership within your department.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Meet and exceed established daily production outputs
2. Maintain and exceed daily processes for production/sanitation
3. Maintain customer service level
4. Identify potential cost savings including the areas of labor, materials and process improvements.
5. Assure training and cross training of all plant employees
6. Provide technical expertise as necessary
7. Reconcile daily paperwork against SAP outputs
8. Assure daily production report and tank inventory report are accurate and complete.
9. Other duties as assigned
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Management, or related field preferred but not required.
2. Knowledge of Food Manufacturing/Processing and Sanitation, Aseptic processing preferred.
3. Previous experience in management or supervision, in Union environment preferred.
4. Ability to understand and initiate change.
5. Understanding of cost based management
6. Must be a self-starter with the ability to accept and facilitate direction.
7. Strong mechanical abilities to troubleshoot minor machine maintenance.
8. Computer literate, with knowledge in Excel, Word, and Access data bases.
9. Strong verbal and technical writing skills required.
10. Familiar with Safety based organizational structure.