Maintenance SupervisorAFP Visalia Plant
This position plans and implements a maintenance program for the facility, utility system, production machinery and equipment. Direct and/or participates in making necessary repairs promptly to assure safe and efficient operation at all times. Provide direction and technical assistance to the maintenance employees with emphasis on electrical issues.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plans, implements, and maintains a preventative maintenance program for all equipment.
• Directs special projects with outside contractors in support of plant repairs and capital projects.
• Evaluates maintenance needs and makes recommendations for new equipment and design changes to improve safety, increase efficiency and reduce operating costs.
• Establishes work assignments for maintenance employees and training when necessary.
• Maintain plant support equipment to include air, refrigeration, steam, building and HVAC systems.
• Maintains high standards of housekeeping practices within the department and where repair work is done.
• Encourages a neat, clean work area conducive to maximum safety, productivity and efficiency.
• Requisitions maintenance supplies and parts as needed to carry out work activities efficiently and minimize losses from waste or theft.
• Evaluates requests for maintenance service, determine service required, time involved and whether to repair or replace damaged or defective parts or components.
• Responsible for adhering to all quality systems requirements.
• Follow plant rules and complies with applicable regulatory standards.
• Responsible to meet quality and customer requirements for this position.
• Develop electrical specification and standards for the plant.
• Follow up and correct re-occurring electrical and mechanical problems.
• Provide technical support for electrical issues.
• Develop and or edit PLC programs as assigned.
• Stay abreast with competition activities, new technologies and practices of the industry.
• Assure compliance with all Federal, State, Governmental regulations or compliance with appropriate regulatory laws or guidelines.
• Responsible for implementing and following Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s).
• Work with and help develop personnel to provide for well managed and effective unit.
• Enforce compliance with all safety rules and regulations taking prompt action concerning any potential safety hazards.
• Provide support and guidance to all employees, delegate appropriate authority, motivate and build self-esteem.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• A four-year college degree or equivalent in Electrical/Industrial Engineering preferred but not required.
• Five to ten years of progressive maintenance experience in a food processing environment.
• Supervision experience preferred.