As a subsidiary of Savencia Fromage and Dairy, a $5 billion global cheese & dairy group headquartered in Paris, France, AFP advanced food products llc, is the world’s foremost manufacturer of aseptically packed sauces, spreads, dips and puddings. We provide delicious products to global markets. Our three manufacturing facilities, strategically positioned within the United States, provide optimum accessibility to the full line of AFP product offerings.
We are in search of a self-motivated creative person to fill the position of Demand Planning Analyst.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand & direct SAP production planning software setups regarding demand planning
- Adapt demand planning to support sales forecasts
- Design and generate weekly and monthly statistical forecast reports
- Continuously improving demand planning forecasting techniques, methods, and approaches
- Measure the impact of forecast accuracy
- Evolve and maintain documentation and standard operating procedures for demand planning processes and systems.
- Conduct current and future forecasting analysis, ensure forecasting processes and methods are followed
- Assemble and analyze all data pertinent to creating the sales forecast (historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and eventually tier 1 account POS and inventory levels)
- Establish and utilize best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating forecasts and respective inventory targets
- Make Recommended adjustments to forecast/ and inventory targets based on input changes in demand and market trends
- Lead forecast and inventory planning meetings with Marketing Managers, review recommended sales forecasts and inventory goals (emphasis on brand transitions, new product introduction, and promotions)
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast/ and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets)
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating/ re-engineering best practices and consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Finance, Engineering, or related field
- Solid understanding of applicable statistical concepts needed to appropriately “tune” forecasts
- Prior experience in food industry environment preferred
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement, and planning
- APICS or other forecasting certification preferred
- Experience using APO forecasting software preferred
- Proven advanced proficiency using analysis tools including MS Excel (pivot tables, lookups, etc.), BI tools (such as Oracle Discoverer, SAP BO, etc.)
- 3+ years related experience
- Experience with DRP/MRP functionality
- Knowledge of turn rates
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory
AFP offers an attractive compensation and benefit package, including immediate enrollment in the benefits program including medical, dental, vision and 401K on the first day of employment.
To apply, please visit our website at www.afpllc.com. Click on Careers, then AFP Corporate Office and select Demand Planning Analyst.