Fruit and Cheese Stuffed French Toast
6 ea. Large Eggs, Beaten
¼ c. Milk
2 tbsp. Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon, Plus More for Topping
½ tsp. Nutmeg
1 Pinch Salt
¼ c. Sugar
12 Slices Bread, About ½ Inch Thick
6 oz. Fruit Filling
6 oz. Queso Blanco
Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, pinch of salt and sugar until well combined.
- Lay ½ of the slices of bread out and lightly brush egg mixture around edges. Form a pocket in the middle of each slice of bread for the filling.
- Heap 1 spoon full of fruit filling in the middle of each bread pocket and 1 spoon full of Queso blanco.
- Take remaining ½ slices and brush the edges with egg mixture. Place on top of bread with filling and seal edges with fingers.
- Dip stuffed bread in the egg mixture and place non-stick pan and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turning once, until lightly browned.
- To serve dust with cinnamon and powdered sugar.