SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT ENGINEERAFP Corporate Office
AFP advanced food products llc, a premier food manufacturer of puddings, nutritional beverages, and cheese sauces located in New Holland, Lancaster County, is in search of a dynamic person to fill the position of Systems and Equipment Engineer. This position is responsible for participating in and/or coordinating activities specific to facility modifications/additions, including new equipment/system selection, upgrades, customization and installation.
- Provide support for the development, maintenance and cost optimization of all primary and secondary processing and packaging equipment.
- Coordinate, conduct and document packaging line trials for new and/or improved performance.
- Troubleshoot package quality issues attributed to packaging equipment set-up, technology or performance.
- Participate in the selection of new packaging equipment and/or tooling for new or improved package formats.
- Working knowledge and experience with the applicable regulatory environment for low-acid aseptic processing and packaging.
- Develop preliminary and final Process and Instrumentation diagrams for commercial processes.
- Develop detailed cost estimates for capital projects.
- Track and control project costs by approving expenditures; administering contractor contracts, monitoring and controlling contractor productivity, optimizing and controlling project design elements and scope.
- BS in Engineering or other engineering discipline required.
- 7+ years of progressively responsible or relevant work experience in food packaging or CPG.
- Demonstrated technical competency in package and processing machine design/qualification processes (manufacturing qualification, regulatory compliance, contract compliance, etc.).
- Prefer experience with plastic thermoforming, injection molding and extrusion processes.
- Experience with aseptic equipment.
- Ability to manage projects on-time through cross-functional teams.
- Willingness to travel up to 25 % for plant trials and support.
AFP offers an attractive compensation and benefit package, including immediate enrollment in the benefits program and 401K on the first day of employment. Starting pay is commensurate with experience. Please apply online in the Careers tab.
AFP advanced food products llc