Sr. Product Developer – TDSIAFP Corporate Office
AFP advanced food products llc, a premier food manufacturer of puddings and cheese sauces located in New Holland, Lancaster County, is in search of a self-motivated creative person to fill the position of Sr. Product Developer. Collaborate with some of the best people in the food manufacturing industry!
The Sr. Product Developer will develop new ingredients from bench top to commercialization. Other responsibilities include handling projects for the entire company such as: performing all ingredient cost savings projects in conjunction with the Supply Chain Group; researching, proposing, testing new ingredients and technologies to foster the development of the company; managing special projects as directed by the company.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop new ingredients and blends for use internally and for customers within approved projects.
- Develop and leverage existing knowledge to provide product formulations and prototypes specific to customer needs.
- Drive technical customer interactions in the developed of ingredients.
- Direct technical service for sales group and customers with proven applications of company ingredients.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations for customer visits.
- Provide technical recommendations regarding use of ingredients in customer food products,
- Troubleshoot application issues or problems for customers.
- Support AFP legacy products R&D with relevant TDSI systems to enhance functional performance and / or decrease costs of AFP’s existing and new legacy products.
- A four-year college degree in Business, Food Science, or other related degree.
- Minimum 5-10 years in ingredients development or related functions in a specialized area such enzyme modified cheese, spray dried ingredients.
- Strong ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, customer projects, communication needs and other tasks.
- Strong interdepartmental communication skills and good project management skills.
- Strong ability to effectively interact and communicate with cross functional teams and customers.
- Strong ability to respond to technical inquiries or complaints from internal and external customers.
- Strong ability to effectively present information to customers and associates, both written and orally.
- Strong MS office suite skills and related databases.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
AFP offers an attractive compensation and benefit package, including immediate enrollment in the benefits program and 401K on the first day of employment. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.