Sanitation Supervisor (3rd Shift)AFP Visalia Plant
Accomplish the organizations strategic objectives by maintaining production efficiencies, managing available resources, improving processes, and identifying and advising necessary improvements. 1) Overseeing sanitation/production processes 2) Training employees 3) Developing standard operating procedures 4) Maintain food quality standards 5) Promoting a high level of safety 6) Initiate strong leadership within your department
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain and exceed daily processes for sanitation
- Meet and exceed established daily production outputs
- Maintain customer service level
- Identify potential cost savings including the areas of labor, materials and process improvements.
- Assure training and cross training of all plant employees
- Provide technical expertise as necessary
- Participate in the plant safety committee
- Promote and maintain excellent safety record
- Abide by and assure the compliance of Plant HACCP Program
- Participate in facility inspections
- Assure compliance of all internal and external audits
- Assist in the implementation of Quality Action Plan
- Maintain State Regulatory Compliance
- Reduce product condemns
- Prepare and analyze daily and monthly production/sanitation efficiency reports
- Schedule sanitation/production personnel
- Follow through with written disciplinary actions
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Management, or related field preferred.
- Knowledge of Food Manufacturing/Processing and Sanitation, Aseptic processing preferred.
- Previous experience in management or supervision, in Union environment preferred.
- Ability to understand and initiate change.
- Understanding of cost based management
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to accept and facilitate direction.
- Strong mechanical abilities to troubleshoot minor machine maintenance.
- Computer literate, with knowledge in Excel, Word, and Access data bases.
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills required.
- Familiar with Safety based organizational structure.