ASSOCIATE FOOD SCIENTISTAFP Corporate Office
AFP advanced food products llc, a premier food manufacturer of puddings and cheese sauces located in New Holland, Lancaster County, is in search of a self-motivated creative person to fill the position of Associate Food Scientist. Collaborate with some of the best people in the food manufacturing industry!
The Food Scientist coordinates and assists with product development activities in the New Holland facility.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists with formulations and projects from concept through commercialization including Bench-tops, Pilot Trials, and Plant Trials.
- Conduct plant trials and new product start-ups.
- Execute experiments and prepare results for review.
- Conceptualize and develop new products prototypes.
- Assist team with product cutting, plant trials, and testing.
- Measure materials for lab and pilot formulation according to proper material handling procedures and prepare lab batches according to instructions provided by customers.
- Work with and support other departments, including Operations, Procurement, and Quality Assurance.
- Assists in providing technical support to AFP New Holland’s production, quality and purchasing departments.
- Assist with creating and maintaining product bulletins containing ingredient declarations and nutritional facts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry or other related field required. Associate’s degree in culinary arts a plus.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in food product development & previous experience in food manufacturing.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining close communication and collaborative work relationships with all levels of the organization and with external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills with ability to prioritize and anticipate changing project needs.
AFP offers an attractive compensation and benefit package, including immediate enrollment in the benefits program and 401K on the first day of employment. Starting pay is commensurate with experience.